Main News Anchor (Two Openings)
Waypoint Media has immediate openings for a main anchor team based at NewsHub in Little Rock, AR.
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing ownership groups in the industry.
The Main News Anchor will lead the evening and late weekday newscasts. The position is Monday – Friday.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Anchor a variety of newscasts
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content grammar and punctuation in alignment with editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Writes stories for the on-air broadcasts, the web, and other digital platforms
• Interacts with viewers/users in person and on social media sites.
• Mentor younger journalists in the newsroom
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required
• Minimum three year’ experience in news reporting or anchoring
Salary & Benefits
• Health & Dental Insurance
• Paid Time off & Holiday Pay / Time
Candidates must be able to successfully complete a background check and drug screen.
Please email a cover letter, video reel and references to Shawn Reynolds, Group Director of News and Content at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
KJNB, NJNB, and MJNB (FOX, CBS, and MyTV/MeTV-Broadcast television and Multimedia) in Jonesboro, AR is seeking a confident, professional, aggressive marketing consultant to work in the Jonesboro market. We are home to KJNB Northeast Arkansas News, and we want someone who can connect with clients and help them achieve their business objectives through effective Broadcast television and, Multimedia digital advertising. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, an enthusiastic and outgoing personality with a drive to succeed. Most importantly, we are looking for a hard-working marketer who wants to have FUN at work, while helping local businesses grow.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Generate revenue for the stations, and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales techniques
• Develop new business through selling commercial advertising time and Multimedia digital products.
• Create and present advertising strategies and ideas for local businesses incorporating broadcast television, and Multimedia digital solutions.
• Provide input on sales promotion ideas to sales management
• Retain current business and develop new business contacts
• Understand the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients, find ways to help them achieve their objectives with broadcast television and Multimedia digital solutions.
• Strong organizational, written and presentation skills
• Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships
• Competitive, persuasive, energetic and self-motivated
• Ability to overcome objections
• Working knowledge of new media, digital interactive initiatives and social media required
• Outside media sales experience preferred but not required
• Enjoy a fast-paced environment with a desire to win
• Professional appearance a must
If you are interested in Marketing Broadcast television and multimedia digital solutions, we want to hear from you. Salary plus commission career opportunity.
Waypoint Media is an equal opportunity employer.